Wednesday, August 22, 2012
To Begin
Salads, I am told, are boring.
And I have found that to be true all too often. Yet I've also had salads that were amazing meals. I believe firmly that salads have a bad rep because we are so often served uninspired chef's or garden salads as an afterthought or, of course, the 1000 calorie monstrosity that relies on non-vegetables to hold it up.
I love vegetables, but I've fallen on bad habits lately. Vegetables and I need to have some special time together to rekindle our love. This blog is going to be me documenting my plan for 1 meal a day to be a salad meal.
My rules:
- Main dish is the salad, it isn't a side
- To qualify the salad must contain more than 70% vegetables
- Not all ingredients must be raw but most should be
- Dressing, when used, should be homemade
- It does not need to be complicated, or totally healthy (but healthy is a plus!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment